Loading color scheme

Spaghetti

Author Details: My name is Meera Gollamudi and I am from class 3A of Manthan School, Tellapur. I like to read books and enjoy making crafts. I want to become either a scientist or a biologist when I grow up, as I am interested in Science.

Hi! I am a strand of spaghetti, sitting in a bowl, waiting for someone to eat me. Hey! It’s gotten dark in here! Where am I? What’s this? I am being pushed down a tube. What is it called? Ohh! Maybe it’s the food pipe or the oesophagus!

Anyway, that is over because now I am entering something that looks like a huge bag. Maybe this is what is called the stomach. Now, I am getting mixed with all the juices and acids that the stomach is producing. These juices are the gastric juices, the bile juice (which comes from the liver), and the pancreatic juice, which comes from the pancreas.

I think now I am entering the…..umm….the small intestine! I do not know exactly but I know that I am travelling down a long slide. Weee! This is fun!

Now, time for the large intestine. It’s time for one more ride on another slide! After all the water in me has been absorbed by the large intestine, I turn into solid waste. Well now, I guess, I am in the anus from where I’m being thrown out of the body.
Finally, I come to the end of my trip!