Loading color scheme

The Mental Stonecutter

Author Details: Vaidehi, Class 1C, Manthan School

One scary night, Shopa, the stonecutter saw his rough hands and felt very sad. He was poor. He didn’t have much money.

While he was cutting a stone, he saw a Flying Jatt. He liked it and said “ Oh, I wish I could be a Flying Jatt.” Then, the Spooky Wind said, “Your wish is granted. A Flying Jatt you will be, a Flying Jatt!” Then, the stonecutter said, “I think Sultan is more powerful than the Flying Jatt.” The Spooky Wind said, “Your wish is

granted. Sultan you will be!” After that, the stonecutter said, “ I think Ratto is more powerful than Sultan. Oh, I wish I could be Ratto. The Spooky Wind said, “Your wish is granted. Ratto you shall be.” Then, the stonecutter said, “Actually, I think Elsa is more powerful than Ratto.

I wish I could be Elsa.” The Spooky Wind said, “ Your wish is granted. You shall be Elsa.” Even after that, Shopa said, “I think a stone is more powerful than Elsa; I wish I could be a stone.” Then the Spooky Wind said, “A stone you shall be.” From that day, Shopa realized that being a man was much easier and better than all of this. “I wish I could be a man again.” Shopa said. The Spooky Wind said, “Your wish is granted. A man you shall be.” So Shopa the stonecutter lived happily ever after.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Don’t be greedy