Loading color scheme

Stuck!
by Isha - 4A

It was a sunny morning. The sand sparkled like glitter. The Nile was flowing calmly, and it’s waters were clear blue. Maya, a 12 year old girl sat on her bed looking through her window. She felt very bored. Her mother and father were still sleeping. Maya woke up at 6:00 a.m that morning. Maya started thinking about her friend Nisha. Nisha was not a brave child, but Maya was brave and loved to fight.

When Maya was a little child, she was always fascinated for what was inside a pyramid. Her mother had told her stories about pyramids and she read about them in books. Maya learnt that when Pharaohs were dead, people take out their brains from the nose. The people put one stone on the chest and legs of the Pharaoh. But Maya never saw the inside a pyramid in person.
Soon she got an idea. As soon as Maya’s mother woke up, Maya asked her if she could go to Nisha’s house, tell her something, and come back. Her struckmother said, “ Okay, but come back fast so that you won’t be late for breakfast.”

Maya ran as fast as she could to Nisha’s house. As soon as Nisha opened the door, Maya said, “Nisha, in the evening come to my house. I will take you somewhere!”. “ Okay Maya, I will surely come to your house.” Nisha sounded worried and annoyed by something. She slamed the door tight in Maya’s face. Maya shrugged and went back to her house.

“ You are right on time for breakfast, I thought you would stay there until tomorrow.” Maya starts chasing her mom as she had made fun of her. They both spend time with each other and laugh a lot.

Soon it was evening. Maya was waiting patiently for Nisha. Nisha finally arrived at Maya’s house.On the way to the pyramid, Maya told Nisha that her father was a mason and he worked in a pyramid.

As soon as they strolled inside the pyramid, there was a narrow path. Maya carried a torch with her but when they reached the Pharaoh’s room, the torch stopped burning.It was very dark and cold in the room. Nisha got scared. Maya said, “ Just keep your eyes shut and hold my hand, think of all the good things you know and stay calm.”

By this time, their moms were very worried about their children. Maya’s mom went to the phone to call her husband and tell him about the disappearance of the two girls. He tells her that there were some voices coming from the pyramid and it sounded like the Maya’s and Nisha’s voice. He also tells her that some workers have gone to investigate.

Early in the morning, the masons had come to the pyramid and were shouting for Maya and Nisha. They looked everywhere and at last found them. They were lying very still. Maya’s father ran up to them and woke them up. “ Are you okay?”. “ I am fine Dad, I got a bit scared when the lights went off.” ,said Maya.

“And we learn’t that it is very difficult to work inside a pyramid; how stuffy, suffocating and filthy would it be, without taking permission!”. ” I guess you are right.”