Loading color scheme

Misery
by Soumya - 6A

CHARACTER CAST:
KIARA-A girl who tracks down the kidnapped children.
CRISTINE-Kiara’s enemy, but helps in tracking down the kidnapped children.
GEORGE-Helps Kiara to find the children.
NIKKI-Kidnapped child.

MS.WALBANGER-Kidnapper and makes the children work for her.
THE OLD LADY-Tells about Ms.Walbanger

ACT I

[some children are disappearing and now Nikki? How can Kiara, Cristine and George help them? When the old lady tells the story of Ms.Walbanger, Kiara knows who the culprit is. ]

SCENE- I
[In the lunchroom at International School of LA.12:45 at noon.]

KIARA: Can’t believe it! Children disappearing from here, our school!

NIKKI: Maybe a case of kidnapping [puts the last spoonful of rice in her mouth and gets up to leave] I think my parents are downstairs waiting. They told me in the morning that we are going somewhere out today.

KIARA: Cool bye! [After Nikki leaves Kiara also gets up to leave].

CRISTINE: [Comes in Kiara’s way] Hi loser! Was that your friend leaving?

KIARA: Were you blind, didn’t you see? Huh.

NARRATOR: Cristine leaves being insulted. Meanwhile George comes and passes Kiara with an extra-large plate of noodles. Kiara stares at it in a disgusted manner.

[Exit Kiara]

SCENE- II
[The next day at the school, 9:45 at break time]

KIARA: Hey George, Cristine have you seen Nikki?

CRISTINE: [Tired] Nah, don’t ask me. [Puts her head on the desk and yawns loudly, the class laughs]

GEORGE: [Looks at Cristine] I haven’t seen her from yesterday. Maybe she is busy

KIARA: Yeah…maybe [Sadly] Can be.

NARRATOR: Suddenly Kiara’s cell phone starts buzzing. Cristine raises her head, finding interest.

KIARA: [Taking out her phone and reading] Oh it’s from Nikki. It says IT’S ME NIKKI. I AM AT STREET NO. 32. I NEED HELP.
THER IS THIS LADY AND... That’s it this is what she wrote. [Her voice becomes soft] She needs my help I have to go.

GEORGE: [Liking the plot and finding interest] Count me in [George and Kiara stare at Cristine]

CRISTINE:[Understanding their looks] I know I know what you mean. I am in.

KIARA:[With confidence in her voice] So it’s tomorrow at Street no. 32 from the first house at the street at 9:30! [Leaves the classroom]

CRISTINE: [Murmuring] Huh, one of those weirdo problems. [She sees George frowning at her] What? Mind your own work [Yawns again and puts her head on the desk]

Exit George and Cristine

SCENE-III

[At Street no. 32,10:30. It’s one of those Saturdays where nobody is out of their house. The sun is shining brightly on Kiara, George and Cristine’s heads]

CRISTINE: [Holding a sheet of paper] There are 4 more houses to go and this[Points at a neatly painted house with a beautiful garden cherry blossom trees and orchids] is the first one.

GEORGE: What are we waiting for lets go in!

KIARA: Yeah! Hope we find some clues here.

NARRATOR: They go to the house’s main door and ring the bell. An old lady with short brown hair and huge glasses answers the door.

KIARA: Hello!

THE OLD LADY: Hello kids! Come in what do you want?

NARRATOR: The children enter the house and find themselves in a room covered with old antiques and lots of framed pictures. In the left there is a TV and on the right a brown sofa with light brown pillows. In the middle of the room is a tea table.

KIARA:[Breaking the silence] We want to know if you suspect somebody kidnapping children.

THE OLD LADY: [Inviting them to sit on the sofa and then silently] Yes, I do.

CRISTINE: Who? [Sitting on the sofa along with Kiara and George]

THE OLD LADY: Ms.Walbanger

GEORGE: Ms.Walbanger?

THE OLD LADY: Yes, she is acting suspicious lately and she hates children and wants them to work. I have even heard children scream from her house. Her house is two blocks away.

KIARA: [Getting up suddenly] We will have to leave. [George and Cristine get up with her]

THE OLD LADY: Want some tea?

KIARA: No thanks we have to help somebody or you could say some people.

NARRATOR: The children leave the lady’s house and the rush to Ms.Walbanger’s house. Kiara makes a call before entering and then they all enter in the house because the door is open.

KIARA: Nikki where are you? [Gives all her energy shouting this out so Nikki can hear it]

MS.WALBANGER: [Angrily] Hey children what do you want? How did you come in?

GEORGE: [Thinking about her question] We came in by the main entrance. Is there another entrance?

NARRATOR: Cristine slaps her head thinking how stupid George is.

KIARA: We want to save the children you kidnapped. Come in….police. [The police rush in flashing their ID’s at Ms.Walbanger]

MS.WALBANGER: How do you-Noo! Don’t arrest me! Please…….

NARRATOR: The police arrest Ms.Walbanger and Kiara finds the children in the attic and at last they are free all credits to Kiara. Cristine is happy even though she hates Kiara and Nikki And George confesses that he joked about the entrance on purpose to add humour to the scene.