Loading color scheme

An Act of Bravery
by Mihir Walvekar - 4A

Chatrapati Shivaji was coronated as the King of the Marathas on 6 June, 1674 in Raigad. His Parents were Shahaji Maharaj and Jijabai, After he became the King, he called upon a meeting with his Maratha Warriors and told them to safeguard his people in the kingdom.

At that time the civilization was in Poona. The people’s occupations were farming, pottery and handicraft. They lived in Kutchchu houses. All were well behaved.

There was a poor man in Shivaji’s kingdom.His name was Chandraji. He was honest and used to worship his cow. The only way he used to earn a living was by selling milk. One day Adil Shah Sultan’s five soldiers came to Shivaji’s kingdom to cause chaos. Chandraji’s house and his cow were tied to a wooden bar and then, the soldiers said, “Hey poor man! We are going to kill your cow!”
Chandraji said, “No no don’t kill my cow! Kill me instead!”

Raj Prabhu a brave warrior of the court, was roaming around the kingdom to see if everything was fine. He saw the fight between the poor man and the soldiers. He told them “ Do not kill the cow. If you kill it, this man will lose his only means of livelihood .I suggest you mend your ways and mingle with the people instead. I am afraid that Shivaji will come and punish you if you don’t follow his orders.”

The soldiers didn’t do that. They didn’t mend their ways. So Shivaji Maharaj sent a small army with brave soldiers to punish the soldiers. In no time Raj Prabhu vanquished the soldiers. Shivaji Maharaj became happy and gave Raj Prabhu a sword and armour. Raj Prabhu lived happily.