Loading color scheme

Jake and the Silver Star

Once, there was a boy named Jake. He lived with his mother. Jake was a 17 years old and had neat hair. Jake was a cricket player. He wore a red T-shirt with jeans pants. His father was a soldier and worked in Indian Army. Unfortunately he died in a war when Jake was just 4

years old. His mother is a house wife.

One day Jake went to play Cricket with his friends: Melvin, Harold, George, Jack and Bob. They were all the 17yr old lads. When they were all playing, their not-so-good friends: Sam and Robin came. Sam and Robin were 19years old. These kids are Jake and his friends’ enemies. “What’s up puny pests?” Robin teased. All the 17year olds were furious. “Hey Robin”, said Sam. “Looks like the pests are getting angry.”

“Leave em”, said Robin. “Let’s go and fetch a basketball.” When Robin and Sam got the basketball, they started to play in the cricket court where all the boys were playing Cricket because there was no basketball court. Jake and everybody else were so mad that they went to Jake’s home. Jake told everything to his mother while his friends were upstairs were discussing something.

When Jake came upstairs, all the lads were still discussing. When Jake asked what they were telling each other, they said they were planning what to do with Sam and Robin. “We are planning what to do to Sam and Robin”, said Bob. “I can’t bear them teasing us all the time”, said Jack. “Don’t do anything to them”, said Jack. “Why?” asked Melvin. “Because some day they could be our friends”, answered Jake. “Fine”, agreed all the lads.

"Come on”, said Melvin. “Let’s go to the empty field near Mr. Franken’s garden”.

When they went to the empty field, they saw somebody waving an axe. “Who is that”, asked Harold. “It’s Mr. Franken!” shouted George. At that moment Sam and Robin crashed in to the boys.

“You went through Mr. Franken’s crops!” shouted Jake. “Let’s get out of here!” screamed Harold. “We only picked some cabbages, carrots and tomatoes”, said Robin when they all stopped. “Then Mr. Franken came charging at us like a bull”, added Sam. “But still you shouldn’t have picked them”, said Jake. “Now he won’t let us play in the empty field anymore”, said Melvin.

Meanwhile, while Jake’s mother Mrs. Clayton was in the house alone, sweeping, somebody knocked on their door. When Mrs. Clayton opened the door, she saw a man wearing black pants, a white shirt and avitor glasses.

“I’m your husband’s friend”, he lied. “I’ve come to visit your house”, he said. “Oh”, said Mrs. Clayton. “Come in and help yourself with some tea”. When they were inside the living room, he said: “My name is Ajay”. “I too, am a soldier in the Indian army”. But Ajay was lying. He was really their neighbor. He was spying on Jake because he thought that because of him his son is dead.

The day before his son’s death he was a happy man, but now he is grumpy. Just to make the story when his son died short: it was a peaceful day when Ajay’s son, Rohan, was outside playing with Jake. They were playing soccer but then the ball went too far onto the road. When Rohan went to get the ball, a car was coming beside him. Jake shouted “watch out!” by waving his hands but it was too late. The car crashed Rohan leaving his dead body behind. Ajay could not see everything but thought that Jake had pushed his son onto the road.

Jake was so scared that he ran away. Now, back to the present time, just as Ajay asked for more tea and Mrs. Clayton gave him, he went to the bathroom with the tea and he poured some poisonous liquid in it mumbling, “I will take my revenge”. When he came back, he offered the tea to Mrs. Clayton, who drank his tea. So when Mrs. Clayton drank it, she fell sick and Ajay went outside cruelly. When Jake came back home, he saw his mother lying on the floor. His mother was a doctor so she told Jake to get a flower called the Silver Star. “Where is it?” asked Jake. It is in the Eastern Hills, not far from our house, groaned his mother. “Go in the car”. Jake was getting into his car when he saw his friends. Even Robin and Sam. “We heard everything”, said George. “You would need some help”, said Robin.

It was a long journey when they reached the hills, they stopped the car under a tree. “Let’s go!” shouted Jake. They climbed and searched but couldn’t find it.

Finally, Jake spotted a flower on another hill. “It’s the Silver Star!” he shouted. They climbed the hill and took the flowers. When they were home, his mother was still lying on the floor. When she saw Jake, she told him to put the flower in the water.

Mrs. Clayton drank the water and became better. Ajay was looking from their window and was sorry for Jake.

When Jake came outside, Ajay told that he made his mother fall sick. “Why?” asked Jake. “Because you made my son die”, he replied. “No, I didn’t, the soccer ball went on to the road and I was signaling him that a car was coming but it was too late”, said Jake. “Oh, Sorry”, said Ajay. And from that time, they lived happily as good neighbors.

THE END

About the Author
My name is Abhay Reddy Botta. I am 9 years old.
I am studying 4 grade in Manthan International School. My hobbies include reading picture books, riding bicycle with my friends, playing with Legos, watching T.V. and playing outdoor activities. I also like writing stories and playing chess. My favorite food is chicken 65.