Loading color scheme

MESOPOTAMIA
4000 B.C.…

“Hey, Sam what is the next river valley civilization we need to explore?” questioned Kaya. “What else do we have left? China, Indus and Egypt are done. So that leaves us Mesopotamia” responded Sam.

So it was settled. Sam and Kaya were now in ancient Mesopotamia.
Sam and Kaya were wondering that they should go and ask someone for help.

There sitting by a lake was a man with a bushy bearded, and, lots of jewelry. He was also wearing a skirt made of grass. His name was Moke.
Moke asked, “Ummmm….who are you?” “We are from India.
We came here to study about your religion and what you do in your daily life.” Kaya said. As they went on Sam spotted a pretty lady wearing a beautiful dress with straight black hair. She looked a bit over dressed because of all the jewelry. Sam went over there and said,” Hello, what is your name?” The pretty lady said, “My name is Wikkow!”

As they left Kaya saw another lady who was cleaning a big white house
With two other ladies Kaya went up to her and said “What is your name?” The lady said “My name is Yenmmm” She was only wearing one ring with her hair in a bun. She had sweat all over her face. She was wearing a cottage girl dress. Just then a call came saying, “Yenmmm, come collect your two blocks of gold” Yenmmm went running as fast as she could and grabbed the gold.

As they both kept walking, Sam saw a big temple built so high in the sky.
Just then Kaya saw a priest walking by. She went up to him and asked, “Can you tell me about this big temple?” “Yes, why not. This is a ziggurat. It is a very famous temple, here in Mesopotamia. Every city-state has at least one ziggurat. Ziggurates are very tall and big, because we Mesopotamians have a strong believe that all the gods live in the sky. And we think that the gods will worship us. Here, you can find lots of mud. So we the ziggurats out of mud brick!”Explained the priest.

As Sam and Kaya were walking, they saw a small kid running to school.
They asked him, “What is your name was?”The little boy said, “My name is Drow. I’m going to school. In school I learn how to read, write, Arithmetic, and astrology. Only boys are allowed to school, while the girls do household chores. And only a few boys can go to school. I go to school, because my dad used to be the king. The teachers are very strict, but I still love going to school! After 10 years of school I can become a priest or a scholar. Bye I have to go!”

After, Sam saw a small temple when they both went inside it they saw a girl. She said, “Hi my name is Anya daughter of Senator Antonius. We follow the religion of Polytheism. At this very moment we are in goddess Inama Temple.” It was time for Sam and Kaya to go back home.

“Hey we learned so much about the Mesopotamian culture, religion, and education. Why don’t we talk about ours?”Asked Sam. “Each god or goddess has done their level best to contribute and fight for their home nation. Just like that we should do the same for our home nation!” Kaya said.

THE END!!!

Author Info:
Name: Chandini Palem
Grade: 6B
Hobbies: reading, dancing
What I like: play basket ball, dance, read, and draw