Loading color scheme

Against Good in the Future

“Tails,” shouted Amogh as he flipped the 1 rupee coin into the air.

“It’s heads, I win!” exclaimed Krishna. “I get to choose the top bunk.”

“Not fair...” said Amogh disappointed. He was very upset about getting the lower bunk again. They flipped the coin everyday to choose who got which bunk and it was always his brother who won. Their dad came in to tell them to put off the lights. They got into bed and turned off the lights but Amogh couldn’t sleep. He needed the top bunk somehow. Suddenly, Krishna’s blanket fell over and draped over his bed. It became dark all around. He suddenly noticed a dial and keypad which he never saw before.

As soon as he saw the dial he had an urge to touch it. Then he thought it could be dangerous. There was a debate going on in his brain. But he finally decided to touch it. He touched it, but nothing happened. He touched the numbers 6, followed by 9, followed by 2 and 8. The dial now had two letters: M and D. below it, it said to type in two numbers. He typed in his lucky number: 4. Now he typed in his brother’s lucky number: 13. Suddenly he was zapped to a battlefield.

At least he thought it was a battlefield. People were fighting all around him. He saw the colossal Golconda Fort towering over him. Archers shooting fire arrows here and there which lit up the evening sky. Men with gleaming swords were pulling bags full of something. A few coins of gold spilled out of the bag and he realized that they were stealing gold and jewels from the castle. But the Golconda fort was big. Big compared to the archers and the men at least because just then a bigger creature came stomping over. It was a very dark blue with shades of purple. It had spikes all around it and it’s every step rattled the ground below.

“Move quickly,” said a boy pulling him away. “What’s your name? I’m Sims.”

“My name is…” Amogh couldn’t finish his sentence. The creature had destroyed the Golconda Fort.

“What is that thingy?” asked Amogh.

“It’s a P.E.K.K.A. It stands for ‘Penspike Essential Kinetic Killer Ammunition’. Now, what is your name?” Sims questioned.

“My name is Amogh.”

Sims explained how the P.E.K.K.A was built for the humans to attack their enemies. One day the computer was programmed wrong. And the P.E.K.K.A turned evil, attacking its own people. It killed the scientist who was the only one who knew the passcode to programme it back. The P.E.K.K.A meanwhile attacked monuments one by one. The next stop was the Charminar.

Amogh wanted to help but he didn’t know how. He remembered going to one of his dad’s court cases against a hacker. The hacker had lost the case. As he left the courtroom, a tiny paper had slipped out of his pocket. Amogh had taken it and read tiny print saying ‘How to create a bot in 5 minutes’. Now he could make use of it.

Amogh and Sims went to the Charminar. Amogh made all the soldiers get ready for the P.E.K.K.A because he needed to hold it back to create the bot. He immediately got a laptop and started to create the bot. After four and a half minutes he heard stomping. Sims was worried now. Amogh worked quicker than ever. The bot was ready after 5 minutes. The bot found out the code in no time: 2642.

Outside the soldiers were being routed. And as Amogh typed, the P.E.K.K.A killed more soldiers. Amogh thought ‘The P.E.K.K.A was built to kill people. It’s doing that but the wrong people.’ Suddenly he stopped. ‘I won’t change it to good- I’ll destroy it.’ And instead of typing “MIBG”, he typed “MIBD”.

Outside, the P.E.K.K.A was making its way to Charminar. Suddenly, it started shaking. It moved here, then there before it fell down. There was a loud cheer. Sims thanked Amogh. Amogh wasn’t able to reply. His mind and body were frozen. He saw something. It was the dial.
He automatically moved towards the dial. He typed in the numbers 16, then 12, then 2, followed by 0, followed by 1 and 4. He was zapped back home, and it was morning.

At breakfast, he told Krishna, “I had a dream that I saved Charminar.”

“That’s cool,” Krishna replied.

“I also made a new friend in my dream.”

“Was his name Sims?”

Amogh stared. Had Krishna been there?

By Aniruddha Dasu
Grade 5A
Author Info: Hi I am Aniruddha and I love writing Stories. I also enjoy debates.