Loading color scheme

HE GOOD DINOSAUR
RATING: 4/5
GENRE: Fiction/animation
LANGUAGE: English
RUNNING TIME: 1hr 40min
VOICE CAST: Raymond Ochoa, Anna Paquin, Jack Bright, Sam Elliot, A.J Buckley, Jeffrey Wright, Frances McDormand.
DIRECTOR: Peter Sohn

PLOT: A shy dinosaur learns how to overcome his fear with a little help from a tiny, cute cave boy.

Author Details:
My name is Pranathi Reddy -8B and my hobbies are reading books, listening to music, playing tennis, and watching movies! I also enjoy having fun with my friends.

REVIEW:

“The Good Dinosaur” asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? The movie works upon this hypothesis to come up with a beautifully animated and a family-friendly movie, even though it doesn’t quite live up the lofty standards put up by Pixar.

The runt of the family litter, Arlo (voiced by Raymond Ochoa) is a timid Apatosaurus who’s encouraged by his father, Poppa Henry (voiced by Jeffrey Wright) to step out of his comfort zone and make his mark in life.

Arlo is unintentionally put to a test where his father gets killed tragically while helping him pursue the critter that had been getting into their corn supply. Subsequently, Arlo gets separated from the rest of his family- his mom and his two siblings. Eventually he catches up with the pest, a grunting, growling wild boy or a man cub – who comes to be named Spot (voiced by Jack Bright).

Their tender, largely unspoken bond serves as the film’s emotional heart and soul as they venture out into the gorgeously rendered wide, open spaces. The side characters- Arlo’s mom and his two siblings match up quite well with their characters and blend in with the atmosphere.

In his feature debut, director Peter Sohn, who took over the reins from the story’s originator, Bob Peterson, keeps his prehistoric western amiably engaging.

So, go to the theaters, watch the movie and come back with nothing but sheer happiness and satisfaction.