Loading color scheme

Does Internet Bring Enormous Changes to the Education of the Youth?
Introduction
Hi, I am Rishi reading in grade 8B. I love creative writing.I am also a die hard Star Wars, chess, and football fan.

Fifty years ago, students did not have the internet, but now, the internet is an integral part of our daily lives. Everyday, we use the internet for an innumerable amount of tasks. We send emails, use the cloud, and juggle with important data files for our professional and personal lives. But does the internet really affect the education of our youth? Does it bring enormous changes in the way children are educated??

First of all, it is safe to say that websites such as Khan Academy and Ask.com have greatly helped many a student understand and complete his or her homework. Even teachers use these sites to keep an eye on their students and harness it for their own knowledge. They can also browse sites such as Pinterest for interesting activities, and use the internet’s many planner websites to plan for interactive classes.

Secondly, it has been recorded that most schools use smart boards and now computerized examinations system has long replaced written tests. Also, from middle school onwards, teachers have started assigning online homework, making it mandatory to carry a laptop or tablet in school, thus rendering the notebook obsolete, and replacing it with a Macbook. Obviously, the internet has ushered in a new era of education!

On the flip side, the internet is also a major distraction that may divert the attention of a student. The mere presence of phones in class may make students restless and can cause the children of the class to text during school hours. In addition, there is a lot of inappropriate content online that may not be suitable for younger viewers.

Going back to the original side of the conflict, the internet definitely has changed the face of modern education. It also has, in fact, brought enormous changes to the way our youth are educated in a very positive manner, and will continue to do so for generations to come. I, thus conclude that the internet’s benefits far outweigh its liabilities, and the internet is very important in the education of the modern-day student.

An argumentative text by Rishi Mukherjee, Grade 8B