Loading color scheme

Coraline

Name of Book: Coraline
Author: Neil Gaiman
Publisher: HarperCollins
Rating: 5/5
Age Recommendation: All ages

Coraline Jones has just moved to a flat in an old, deserted house. The flat is extremely boring and there's absolutely nothing to do. Her parents are always too busy to play with her.

So when her father suggests that she can explore the house, she finds a door. The strange thing is that the door doesn't open out to anywhere... until one dark, foggy day when her parents are out.

There's a strange old hallway, and behind it there is a mysterious, magical world much more interesting than her own. Coraline is ecstatic until she meets her other mother, and her other father, who want to keep her and love her forever... but that's not possible...is it?

That's when she finds out that her real parents are stolen and hidden on the other side of a mirror...Coraline

Follow Coraline through a sinister journey through ghosts, monsters, exploring, cats, mice, buttons in a world where nothing is as it seems. Coraline must rely only on her wit and an old pebble.

I feel as though everything in the book is perfectly portrayed. This book is a page turner and as you dig deeper into Coraline's world, the description is so fine and beautiful that you can see a portrait of the story in your thoughts. The book is satisfyingly dark and secretive and leaves the imagination wild. The language is amazingly simple yet it is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read.

This book is really a great inspiration and leaves you thirsty for more.
Neil Gaiman is a celebrated author and has also written the Graveyard Book, the Wolves in the Wall, Stardust, and many more.

I recommend this book to all book lovers irrespective of age.

Author Introduction: Hi I’m Shreya Challa. I am in class 7B at Manthan School. I love to read, write, act, and draw cartoons. Some sports I play are kabaddi, skating and swimming.