Loading color scheme

All about sharks

About the Author
My name is Arnim from Manthan, Madhapur campus. I am from 3B and like to play cricket and read books. My favorite author is Jeff Kinney. When I grow up, I want to become a scientist

Sharks are considered carnivores and rarely attack humans but are fascinating fish. Sharks have appeared 400 million years ago.

Types of Sharks

Sharks come in many different sizes, few are big, and few are small. A few sharks’ bellies even glow! Megalodons, which are now extinct, had teeth which were the size of the human head. On the other hand, whales sharks have teeth the size of a baby’s eye!

Diet
Different sharks have different diets. Some sharks like the whale sharks eat plankton, shrimp, and tiny other creatures in the ocean, while others like the Great white shark likes to hunt for seals, sea otters, and sea lions.

Sharks’ incredible senses
Sharks’ senses are incredibly strong. Sharks can hear their prey from 50 miles away in clear water. They can also smell their prey’s blood from about 15 miles away.

Physical Appearance
Sharks appear in many different shapes, sizes and colors. Sand tiger sharks are yellow and long, while other sharks like the Ball shark are small and fat.

Endangered Species
Many Sharks like the whale shark are endangered due to shark hunting. Most sharks are hunted for its fins.
The government does pass laws on not to hunt sharks as sharks are a precious part of the ocean.