Loading color scheme

The Treasure of Worthiness

I was sitting in my room feeling bored, next to my annoying little sister, Nitya. Wait a minute, did I even introduce myself? My name is Ananya. So as I was saying, me and my sister were in the house waiting for our father to come home. He was out talking to the cable operator. Then my mother came into the room and said to Nitya, “While we are waiting for your father to come, why don’t I tell you a story!” “Oh god! This is going to be boring,” I thought.

My mother began…There was once a priest who was praying to the god and when she was done praying, she opened her eyes and saw the gods in front of her. Wow! This was starting to get interesting. “The gods told the priest to find the treasure of worthiness. It is somewhere in your house. She spent her whole life in finding the treasure, but died empty handed. This was the house she lived in,” my mother finished. “What! She lived here? Wait, where is Nitya?”

We checked everywhere for her, but we couldn’t find her, “Maybe she is in the basement.” my mother suggested. My mom was right. She was in the basement and do you know what she found? She found the treasure. Then, the gods appeared and said, “You are worthy enough to find the treasure, so you found it.”