Loading color scheme

Coman’s First Trade
By Vevila Bollarapu - 4

Chapter 1: Who are you?

Coman was born in Egypt. He loved trading. When he was small he used to play these exciting games with his parents: grabbing his mother’s silk dress and trading it with fish for his dinner, and taking his father’s eye paint and trading it for a few Deben’s. (Egyptian money)

Chapter 2: Bedtime

Coman’s wish would come true. He was going to be a trader! That night Coman couldn’t sleep. He kept on rolling and rolling. He rolled too much; he got wrapped up like an Egyptian mummy! Coman couldn’t sleep because he was excited that tomorrow he was going to Trader Training classes.

Chapter 3: Training

The next day Coman’s father sent Coman to Trader Training classes. Coman listened to the teacher and behaved well. He was one of the brightest students. He learnt like a cheetah in just 1 WEEK! Now, Coman asked his trading teacher if he could go to Mohenjo-Daro for the first trade. His trading teacher clapped and cried, “Of course you can.” Coman was filled with joy. The trading teacher then gave Coman a trading seal. A trading seal is a banner, with symbols to show that particular person is a trader. The seal was yellow in colour and had an imprint of bulls. Its length was from his chin to his knees and it was neither light nor heavy.

Chapter 4: Ahoy, Partner!

Off he went with his new trading seal on his back, a few Deben’s in his pouch and food, and some silk to trade. Just before he went the trading teacher sent a guide to go with him. The guide’s name was ‘Toalee.’ Toalee and Coman became friends. They went to the boat place and took one boat, then sailed away. Suddenly the store-room door opened and a man popped out. “Aaaah!” Coman screamed. “Who is that man?” Coman glared at the man with shock. Toalee depicted who the man was. My name is ‘Tangy,’ the man replied. “Now I know you its okay.” Coman calmly mumbled. As they sailed Coman began to sing…

Egypt! Egypt! Is where I live,

It’s hot and sunny did ya’

Know that KID!

He sang to a kid sweeping the deck. Finally after a week they reached Mohenjo-Daro. Tangy exclaimed that he was a trader. Coman answered that he was a trader too.

Chapter 5: Borrowing

Tangy asked Coman why he didn’t have a trading seal. Coman felt his back and then knew that there was no trading seal on his back. The 3 men searched and searched here and there but they couldn’t find any trading seal. “This is an awful dilemma!” complained Coman. It began to rain so everyone flew to Tangy’s home. Coman suggested Tangy if he could borrow one of his extra trading seal’s. Tangy gives one and shouts, “You can keep it!” Coman happily cries, “I’m going to stay here and live with my friends in Mohenjo-Daro!” In fact, he even made a new song…

Mohenjo!-Daro! Is where I’ll live,

It’s filled with friends did ya’

know that KID!

He sang to a kid helping his father build a house…

THE END