Loading color scheme

The Real Gods
by Aryika - 5

There was a small, poor couple of the village Panipat in Eastern India. A hardworking father cycled over 10 miles to the city daily to earn money. A folksy mother taught the children of the village folk dance. The parents worked very hard for the money. ”Can my parents ever play with me?” This question was constantly in their grungy son Rahul’s mind. His parents never played with him. He hated dancing but all of his friends loved to dance and went to folk dance classes. He was also bored with his food; aloo paratha and curd rice every day. Day by day Rahul became too fractious with these events. At last, on one day he totally lost his head. He decided to write to god about his feelings.

the real gods

A Letter to God

Dear God,

I feel like I am locked in a prison, where there is nothing to do. My parents are not playing with me; my mother is always teaching dance and my father goes to work very early and returns only after dark. None of my friends are able to play with me as they all dance.

The food is the same everyday: old aloo parathas and curd rice. Do something, god! No one plays cricket with me or makes puris, pani puris, lemon rice or beans rice. Find a solution so that I can live a life filled with joy.

Your Follower,
Rahul

Once Rahul was done writing, he kept the letter in an envelope where he wrote:-

To: God

In Heaven

Raman’s Shock

And then Rahul ran to the postman. “Raman! Post, post! Wait Raman!” screamed Rahul. Raman came and grabbed the post. When Raman saw the post he started grinning and said “Look at this post! It says it is to god! Ha, ha, ha, ha! I will show this joke to Suresh, my boss!” Once he reached Suresh, he gave the post to him and said “Look at this foolish post, it is an epic joke, sir!” Suresh read the whole card and said, “Go call Rahul to my office right now, Raman.”

Real gods

When Rahul reached the office, Suresh told him gently, “I read your post to god; your post can’t be delivered because we can’t go to god since He resides in heaven. Anyway, your parents can’t play with you because they are investing their valuable time in earning money for your good will. God couldn’t be with everyone at once, so that is why god made parents as guardians for kids. You may take your post back.” Raman said, “Thank you sir, for helping me understand.” “What about you, Rahul, what do you say?” asked Suresh. “I’ll think about that,” said Rahul thoughtfully but apprehensive.

Rahul’s Dream

That night, Rahul had a dream where he saw his parents doing hard work for Rahul’s education, job and his lifetime. Then he got up and understood and went weeping to his parents and said to them, “I made a huge mistake, mom and dad. I thought you locked me in a prison and you did not play with me on purpose. I am very sorry, mom and dad. But can you play with me for sometime please?” “Of course son when we have vacations!” responded the father, merrily.

“Now I know you are my real gods. I will now eat the food given and have some interest in dancing and I will dance with my friends. And I will never feel miserable,” said Rahul. From then on, Rahul began a better, more prosperous life, and turned over a new leaf!

Remember: Our parents are our real gods!