Loading color scheme

Dad’s Birthday

Author details:

Bhavin studies in Grade 4D, Manthan School, Tellapur. He is nine years old and his favorite pastime includes reading books, drawing and doing craft work. He likes playing Basketball and Cricket and is fond of Cycling too.

“Dan? Danny!” Danny’s mother called.
 “What is it mom?” Danny - a tall, honest 9 year old - answered.

“I have some good news for you. We are going to visit a hill station next week end. Tell your brother, Mikey, too” Danny’s mom said.

“What? Yippee!!” Danny exclaimed in excitement.
Danny rushed to tell this to his brother Mikey - a 7 year old boy, tall for his age, wearing a T-Shirt and trousers- who screamed and said “Yay!!!” in equal excitement.

The next day, their mother called them both again, but said “I’m very sorry but we won’t be going to the trip next week, though I promise you we’ll go next month.”
“Why?!” Mikey and Danny cried.
“Your Dad’s got office work to complete,” replied their Mom.

Mikey and Danny sadly went to their room but then started to think about how they both could help their Dad with his office work.
Though, as they started to look around, all of their father’s office files flew because of the fan! It was miserable!

Their dad scolded them and they both felt awful.
 They went to their Mom who asked them, “Dan and Mike, what happened?” Danny told their mom about everything that had happened.

She suggested “Why don’t you make a glorious Birthday card for your Dad?”

“Yeah Mom! That’s an excellent idea!”, Danny said happily.

So Danny and Mikey made a glorious card for their father.  

The next month, as planned, they went to visit the hill station. The hotel, inside the forest, was very large and was surrounded by frosty air.

When they reached their room, Mikey asked, “Mom can I go and play?” His Mom replied, “Okay Mikey, but take Danny with you.”
Danny overheard their conversation and yelled “No-oo! I don’t want to go!”

“Please go with your younger brother. He likes to play with you”, his Mom persuaded.

“Fine, okay mom”, Danny agreed.

After completing 3 nights of their stay at the hotel, they celebrated their Dad’s Birthday. Mikey and Danny gifted their card to their Dad while screaming, “Surprise!!”

Their Dad exclaimed, “Wow!”, and felt very special.

What a splendid time they had!