Loading color scheme

Learning Tables is not Tedious Anymore!
by Shivi Garg, 4D

“Mom, can I talk with you for a while?” asked Jay. “Oh, yes, of course my son” ,said his
mother. “I need to memorize the tables of 8,13,14,15, 16, 17, 18, and 19! I thought that you
could give me some tips or advice. And moreover, you are a Math teacher too!” exclaimed Jay. “Sure, why not?” replied his mother.

Seema then entered the room, and interrupted, whispering complaints of boredom. “Then why don’t you go and play a game with daddy?” suggested their mom. “Daddy’s sleeping”, said Seema.

“Oh, my little sister, why don’t you go and watch something on Youtube?” suggested Jay. “No, I shall go to bed.” “Yes, you look tired. You should go to bed”, giggled their mother.

“Look mom, I’m 8 years old, I’m short, I have a sister, I talk kindly and gently, I love studying, and hate juices, but then….” hesitated Jay. “Hold on! Did you just say that you hate juices?” asked his mother.

“Yeah…” Jay said. “Yes, that’s it! That’s why you can’t learn the tables!” “At least I love tomato juice…?”Jay said hesitantly. “Oh, so that’s why all the tomato juice is gone!” realized his mother.

“Yeah… umm…, could you buy some more?”  “Sure!” smiled his mother. “You should get to bed now.” “Okay!” said Jay, and bounded into the bedroom.

After everybody was sleeping, Jay suddenly woke up and wasn’t able to sleep anymore. He then decided to try and memorize the table. He was awake until 6:30 in the morning.

The next day at school, he was asked to recite the Table of 8. He got nervous and started feeling goose bumps. But finally, he got enough courage to start saying it. He managed to say it perfectly and the teacher was impressed.

When he returned, he told his family what had happened in his school and they were impressed as well.

“How in the world did you do that?” asked his mother. “That’s simple, I couldn’t sleep that night so I went to the laptop and searched it up!”

“Very good” said his mother, “Now you understand why I tell you to never give up.”

“Now, will anybody play with me?” interrupted Seema.

“Okay Seema, right after I memorize the rest of the tables.” “Okay!”

After Jay memorised all his tables, he played for some time with his sister, Seema, just as he had promised her, and finally, both the children retired to sleep for the night.