Loading color scheme

The Best Friends

Author’s Details:
Sai Bhadange studies in Grade 4C, Manthan School, Tellapur. Her hobbies are dancing and playing sports. Her favourite colour is yellow. She aspires of becoming an author when she grows up.

Have you ever gone to a hostel? A nine- year old girl, in this story, has gone to a hostel. The hostel was very well-planned, but something went wrong there. Let’s find out what it was.

“Good Morning, Kita”, her best friend Lella yawned, who was of the same age as Kita. Lella loved to talk to her and was very friendly with Kita. “Good Morning!”, Kita replied in her soft voice. When Lella woke up and saw, Kita was already prepared to go for a walk.

Lella woke up and got ready to go with Kita. As they waked through the corridors, they could see that nobody was awake. “Kita, why did you wake me up so early?’’ Lella complained grumpily. “ I didn’t tell you to wake up. You woke up yourself. I wanted to go to the playground where I could get some fresh air”, said Kita gently.

When they came back, every one teased Kita. “See the buffalo has come!”, laughed one of the boys at Kita. Kita didn’t mind. They went inside and got ready for their school.

After the day was over, the friends came to their room, where they changed into their nightdresses and talked with each other, as they didn’t get sleep. “ Good night!” wished Kita to Lella. “Good night to you too!”, said Lella back to Kita.
     Next day, Kita went to see if Lella was awake or not, but she couldn’t find Lella in her bed. Then she thought she would be hiding behind the door to scare her, but she wasn’t there too! Kita sat on her bed and thought where her friend Lella might be.

“Is she in the bathroom? But I just went there and she’s not there! Where can she be?” thought Kita. Just then, she heard something from the window that was near the balcony of their room.

“Help! Help!” Kita rushed to the window and saw Lella being kidnapped. She ran to follow Lella, but as she was too late, she lost her way. Finally, when it was night, Kita found Lella, trapped in a small room of an old house, where she was guarded by only one man. Suddenly, an idea struck Kita!

Kita dressed herself as a kidnapper and went inside the house. “I will keep watch on her. You can go and sleep because you seem to be very tired!” The kidnapper believed her because she was in the dress of a kidnapper too!

After the kidnapper had fallen asleep, Kita and Lella ran out of the house and went back to the hostel. When they reached the hostel, they slept soundly, as they were tired on running such a long distance from the kidnapper’s house.

In the morning, Kita questioned Lella, “How did you get kidnapped?” “ I don’t remember who or how I was kidnapped, Kita!” After a while, they got ready for school.

Actually, the kidnapper had climbed through the window, into their hostel and kidnapped Lella when she was asleep. At school, Lella told everyone how Kita had rescued her from the kidnapper. From that day onwards, nobody teased Kita anymore and even the boys became friends with her.