Loading color scheme

Wit Pays

Author Description:
Name: Pradyumna.N.Holla
Class: 5-C
School: Our school - Manthan International School, Tellapur (Of course)
Characteristics- Humorous/witty, smart and kind (All according to me, I don’t really know whether others think the same about me)
Hobbies- Cycling, reading, drawing/sketching and, of course, playing video games

Long ago, in the Amazon Jungle, there lived many animals, like today. They had no king or leader, but still they had very few troubles. In this jungle, there was a turtle named Tim. He had many friends, but his best friends were Bob, the bear and Chunky, the monkey. Once, Chunky took part in an incidental event, in which he was the main character. Let us see what that event was.

It was a sunny morning. All the animals and birds were up. The birds were chirping and tweeting while all the animals were running and playing. At the river, Tim was swimming around and Bob was watching him, while behind them Chunky was swinging on the branches of tall trees.

“It’s so nice today. The water is cool, there’s a nice breeze and all the flowers on the trees and in the meadows are blooming”, said Tim.

“Yes, that’s all very well, but I’m hungry”, said Bob, grumpily.

“Huh! Can’t you just grab a fish from the river? Use your common sense”, said Chunky. Bob just scooped up a fish and gobbled it up.

“Uh! That’s disgusting. I’m out of here”, said Chunky. “I’ll go set up some pranks.” Saying this, he swung away.

On his way, Chunky came across a gap as large as ten grizzly bears! “Uh oh!” he thought. “This doesn’t look good.” Then he noticed a green vine. “Aha! I’ll use this vine to swing to the other side.” Saying so, he grabbed the vine and jumped. As soon as he jumped, he heard a voice go “Ooouuch!” Chunky looked around to find the source of the voice, but couldn’t find it.

Chunky looked up. Then he knew where the voice came from. It came from the vine. Only it wasn’t a vine. It was Hissy, the snake!

“Oops! Sorry, I didn’t know”, said Chunky.

“You pulled so hard that I could see stars in the day! How heavy are you?” said Hissy, soothing his throat. “I will complain to Roary, and he will attack you, your friends and everyone else in the jungle! Except me and him, that’s it”, he hissed. After saying this, he slithered off.

“Uh oh! I must warn everyone. Roary is going to attack and we are in grave danger!” said Chunky to himself. When Tim, Bob and everyone in the jungle got to know about this, they were horrified. “I HAVE AN IDEA!” shouted Tim with excitement.
“We can conduct a tournament to see who is smarter.” When Roary heard the idea, he agreed.

In the tournament, Tim was going to ask Roary questions and if he answers correctly, all animals in the jungle would be under the rule of Roary and Hissy, but if he loses, he would leave along with Hissy and never return.

It was finally time for the tournament. Tim came into the tournament ground and sat down on a chair, and Roary was already there. Tim asked “How many stars are in the sky?”

“As many as there are hairs on a goat”, replied Roary. This was too easy.

“What is a hen way?”(Sounds like ‘What does a hen weigh’ while speaking) asked Tim.

“A hen weighs about six pounds”, said Roary, licking his lips.

“Which is the question you cannot answer?” asked Tim, flashing a smile. Roary was blank. He had no answer, so he had lost. He jumped up and ran as fast as lightning, screaming, “I will be back!” at the top of his voice. Since then Tim became the apple of all animals’ eyes.

The End!