Loading color scheme

The cunning jackal
by Rishi Chousalkar 5A

Once upon a time, there was the village of Sabham. It was located near a range of mountains, in which a demon called Angrasur lived. He was very powerful, big and had a few magical powers, yet he was always a piece of red hot iron. He used to get angry on the smallest mistake made by others.

One day, a girl who lived on the outskirts of the village, thought that Angrasur was very week and bad. So, she went in the backyard of her house and facing the mountains, she started calling Angrasur names. He came out angrily but was surprised to see the small and frightened girl. But he would not forgive her. Angrasur cursed the village, who had given birth to such a girl, that if she builds a well, then someone will always be in it. By the time the demon died, the whole village knew about his curse.

This curse of his did come true. Someone always fell into the well she had built.It had a pulley system. If someone helped the person inside to come out, he would fall into it. If people were there in their beds, they would magically fall into it. Soon, even animals started falling into the well as they passed by it.

Many years later, a clever and cunning jackal fell into it. He knew about the curse of the demon and thought that he would die if he did not come out of the well within 3 days. He was terrified and started howling loudly. But no one came to help him. The next day, a tiger happened to pass by the well. Hearing the jackal's howling, he looked into the well. The jackal said,"hey! You there, my name is Bruno, what's yours? And have you come here for the 3 magical wishes? ". The tiger was confused. He said,"uh, My name is Fierco. But what are these 3 magical wishes?"."Oh!,don't you know about them? I'll tell
you. Anyone who comes in this well, sitting in that pail, will be give 3 wishes from the fairy of this well," Bruno explained, which was of course untrue. He had already thought of a plan to get out of the well. Fierco thought that Bruno was telling the truth. Now he wanted the 3 wishes too. "I also want them, I will ask for a lot of food. Ummh I'm coming down there. Just get the pail up, to me." Bruno held the rope and pulled it down. As the rope came down, the pail went up. Just before Fierco jumped, Bruno held onto the rope very tightly. As soon as Fierco was in the pail, he went down because of his weight and Bruno came up.

When Bruno was out of the well and on the ground, he laughed," Ha! Ha! Fooled you, Mr Hungry! And for your kindest information, there is nothing called 'the 3 wishes'!", and he told Fierco all about the demon's curse and his lies. Then he danced home, singing.

Fierco sat there for many days, cursing his foolishness and greed. Perhaps he is still there, not in he normal form, but in bones!

Moral: Always think twice before you act. Also, never be greedy.