Loading color scheme

The Golden Touch
by Pratham 3A

Once upon a time, in a village, there was a greedy King named Jack. He was the owner of a big castle and he had two sons. One day, when Jack was roaming around in his garden, he found a fairy trapped in a net. He quickly released the fairy. The fairy said, “Thank you so much for setting me free! Ask for one wish. I will give you almost anything.”

Jack said, “I want to have a Golden Touch! Everything I touch should become pure gold.” The fairy recommended, “Please think twice before you make your choice.” “I’m sure!” Jack said confidently. “You’re wish will be granted.” The fairy sighed. The fairy disappeared. Jack touched a potted plant nearby to see if the fairy was telling the truth. It transformed into gold, from the roots to the tip!

Overjoyed, he called his two sons. He told them about his gift and then, hugged them. The second his fingertips made contact with both of them, they were turned into golden statues. Jack started crying in the pain of losing his sons. He realized how greedy he had been and began to regret it. He prayed to the fairy and she appeared before him. He apologized to her for not listening to her advice and she took back her boon. Everything became normal again. From that day onwards Jack became a very humble, giving person and lived happily ever after with his family.