Loading color scheme

Brain over Brawn

Author Introduction:
My name is Rishi Akkineni and I am from 5C. I like to read fantasy books, write stories, play badminton and video games. My motto is “Always chase your dreams instead of running away from your fears.”

It was another humid day in the forest. Fuzzy Wuzz, the almost always sensible muskrat, was frantically searching for the time to step outside her queer looking, mini bungalow. She wanted to buy ostrich ferns from the store to bake sweet buns, but she was afraid that Attila, the menacing dog, might pounce on her and try to nibble her ears. Just the thought made her tremble with fright.

When she felt quite safe, Fuzzy Wuzz took a deep breath and squeaked “Well, I’ve got to face the music,” but she didn't step out. Her instinct told her not to. After a while, Fuzzy Wuzz thought that it was the right time to go out.

Being very cautious, she slowly opened the door and started to walk down the lane. Fuzzy Wuzz was relieved when she didn't catch a glimpse of Attila anywhere. Suddenly she felt strong hands pushing her down the hill. She started to roll downward in a great pace.

When Fuzzy Wuzz came to her senses, she saw Attila standing right in front of her! “A bolt from the blue, ain't it?” he barked. His one eye glared down at her. “I-I su-suppose so,” stammered Fuzzy Wuzz, trying to sound brave. “I di-didn't see you-you there.” She didn't realise that she was trembling all over. “Will you let me go so that I can buy ostrich ferns from the store?”

“Normally I would nibble your ears, But I am not in the mood today,” snarled Attila. He thought for a while, “If you give me the ostrich ferns, I'll let you go.” Fuzzy Wuzz did a relieved sigh and got up. She reached the store and bought her ostrich ferns. But instead of going home, she turned to the opposite direction.

Fuzzy Wuzz started walking towards the valley. After a long walk, she found what she was looking for, the farm of Puss in Boots! Puss in Boots was a brave cat with a heart of gold. She crossed the cabbage patch and the outstanding tulip garden. She found Puss in Boots in his tabby overcoat pulling out carrots from the soil. He was surprised when he saw Fuzzy Wuzz staring down at him. “What brings you here, tiny muskrat?,” Puss in Boots purred. Puss had a soft, Irish accent which made everything he said sound like a jolly song. “I haven't got many visitors these days.”

Fuzzy Wuzz explained Puss in Boots all about Attila and how he bullied her. After she finished, Puss in Boots seemed to be lost in thought. Suddenly, he sprang out of his chair and screamed, “Eureka!” Fuzzy Wuzz was startled by his sudden excitement and started asking him questions. He motioned her to come closer and whispered something in her ear.

The next morning, Fuzzy Wuzz found herself chased by Attila,
she came to a distant log and jumped over it. Attila tripped over the log, and as he did, a net came out of nowhere and fell upon him, it was a trap! That too a trap set up by Puss in Boots!

Attila had no choice but to call for help. As he did, Fuzzy Wuzz and Puss in Boots appeared in front of him. As they set him free, he learned his lesson and vowed that he will never bother another muskrat ever again.

THE END