Loading color scheme

Prologue of the Greylings’ Manor

About the Author: My name is Pranav.H. I was born in Bangalore on December 10th 2006. I like to write books, poems and read books and play football. I want to become either a footballer or an author when I grow up.

Nick, Katie and their parents were on a trip in their car. Suddenly, a tragedy struck them - their parents had died in the car accident! They were then adopted by an aunt who hated them and an uncle, too weak to stand up for them. So they had run away. They had camped in a hollow tree and survived on the food brought by a girl called Laura. After a while, Laura fell ill. Nick and Katie were traced by Laura’s parents. Now they lived with Laura and her parents.

Nick, Katie and Laura were excited when they started living together. Nick and Katie, though adopted, were feeling at home all the time. Aunt Marion and Uncle Peter, as Nick and Katie called them, were quite pleased as well. Laura and her pet dog Russet were lonely before Nick and Katie had come. After being left out for so long, Laura and Russet finally had some company. One morning Katie and Laura had come with smashing news that they were going to Greylings’ Manor (Laura’s grandparents’ house).

Nick, Katie and Laura had heard their news about their vacation. Soon they would uncover a mystery which had shadowed their grandparents’ life since birth. The time was yet to come when they would learn about the Greylings’ treasure. The day would come when they would save the Manor, which their grandparents’ desired the most, but were forced to sell. They would soon solve the issue that was troubling their family for centuries and generations in the past.