Loading color scheme

The Amazing Play of Cinderella
Lasya Koleti                                                                                  
2B Madhapur
My interest is reading lots of wonderful books.

I am a girl who likes reading story books. My name is Lasya. One sunny morning, after breakfast, I was reading a wonderful, pretty and most beautiful book I found in my own, personal library. That wonderful book was ‘Cinderella’. It had an interesting character named ‘Cinderella’. I liked her a lot because she was kind, beautiful and helpful.

I went my mum with excitement and shouted, “Cinderella is my dream role!”4

My mum turned her back, laughed happily and said, “Oh! Finally you have dream role. Your teacher sent me an email saying that yourclass is doing a play for a special assembly at school.”

I shouted, “Yay!! I can suggest my favorite story: Cinderella”. The next day at school, I couldn’t wait to suggest the story.  The teacher declared in an excited voice, “We are going to do any wonderful play. All of you can suggest one idea.”

That moment, I raised my hand and shouted, “Cinderella!” All my friends and my teacher replied, “Yay! That’s a great show!” Next, I raised my hand to be Cinderella.

Mary said, “You can’t be Cinderella because she didn’t have dark skin.” Raj said, “You can’t be Cinderella because you don’t have such a beautiful gown.” I got home and I seemed rather sad.

My mum asked, “Why are you sad and dull?” I replied, “Mary said I can’t be Cinderella because she didn’t have dark skin.” My mum replied, “That’s okay, you can still try to prepare.” Later, I remembered something else.
My mum was cooking and I went to her and said, “Raj said, I can’t be Cinderella because I don’t have such a beautiful gown.”

The next day at school, my teacher said, “We are going to have auditions.” From that day onwards, for my homework I would always practice the lines and act. My mother helped me to practice. Finally the day of the auditions came.

I wore a beautiful gown. Raj said, “What a beautiful gown!” I did very well in the audition and I was chosen to be Cinderella. I prepared and worked really hard for my role. My teachers, friends and my parents helped me.
It was a big success. Everyone clapped really hard. I celebrated my success by eating tasty pizza. I felt proud of myself!

THE END