Loading color scheme

THE CREATOR
by- Samhitha Nair - Grade 8A
About the Author:Sam is a voracious reader. She dazzles with ideas!

Why me? Just because I am ‘His’ (meaning God himself) does not mean I have to be the one to save the world from zombies. Again. Except this time is real. The first time, it was a cynical scientist, who thought it would be a good idea to make zombies. It was an amazing idea, but when it reached its limit, I was sent to shut the machine down. It was simple get in, get out. This time is different. This time, the creators of the zombies is Satan himself.

Anyway, back to the present. I landed face-down on the cold, hard ground in a small alley. My appearance was acceptable for my standards (which are extremely high). I had long, black hair tied in a messy braid. I wore a black shirt with skinny jeans that showcased my long legs. I’m used to flying, to be honest. My sword was disguised as earrings and my shield as my necklace. My complexion was light, so blending in would, hopefully, be easy. As I began to make my way out, my body buckled in pain.

Back in the heaven, we ‘angles’ have chips so that God can track us at all times. Higher ranks have darker color chips. Since I have the highest rank, I have a Black chip. The chip was fighting its way out like an angry dog. My shoulder showed no sign of its removal, but I was in agony. I should consider this as a setback so I prayed, moved on, and pushed the thought that I was alone out of my head.

As I reached outside, I was automatically pushed to the side, leaving my body helpless. I need to find out where I am. After many twists and turns, I found myself in the one place all villains take over. NEW YORK CITY. Just because I am not human, doesn’t mean I don’t watch the movies. Zombies everywhere. Rookie mistake, I forgot to check the surroundings. I did the human thing to do, which is I ran until I bumped into him.

The man, a bit taller than me, wore all black. He had a broad chin and somewhat fit body. Angles have good eye for details. He had piercing blue eyes and a tattoo of a pitchfork on his forearm, indicating he is one of Satans. When we began to fight him punches were lousy. I could easily block him though his kicks left a bruise. Just as I thought I could finish this the (I think this is what the humans call it!) police broke it up. They took us to a cage and made us ‘work out our problems’. I have better things to do like …gee I don’t know…SAVE THE WORLD!!

What’s done is done. Miles, I think Started the conversation. “I’m Miles and you’re Alex, right?”
I gave no reply..
“Okay… I have always wondered what living up there would feel like. Living down there is okay…,” he rambled.

I guess I kept sane for a while, eventually I grew tired. As quickly as I could, I picked up Miles (or was it Giles?) and pushed him against the wall.

“Listen! All I really need to know is how to get rid of the zombies. Can you   help me?”

“Aaaaaahhh!” The person in the talking box screamed. “If you thought the zombies were bad, there is an all new guy in town! Zombie Boss is here to take on the best of the best!”

“Well?” I said impatiently. A wonderful skill angels have.

“If you defeat the Boss, the zombies will go back to Satan.” Miles said, looking pale in the face.

“Thank you-wait why are you telling me this?” I inquired.

“I think…well I believe…actually all I need to say is we should choose what we do and who we work for.”

I smiled and tugged on my necklace. “Well then let’s go.”

Escaping the cage was easy. Devils can teleport because they are afraid of heights. Defeating the Boss would be hard. I remember in my briefing that all zombies have a point which can paralyses them. It’s a pressure point on their shoulder. Pressing the point took only a kick and a punch. Miles held the Boss down with his magic and I put it down to sleep using my magic, reversing the effect. The last thing I remember was lying on the ground.

I woke up with a start. I was dressed in white with my long sleek wings on my back. My hair, in its pixie cut was white again. The Med-angles came rushing to me, but my mind was on where Miles was. Just then a bed caught my eye with Miles sleeping on it. After I was prepped and told about recent gossip, I went to meet God.

“Congratulations, Alex!” his voice boomed.

“Thank you, Almighty,” I bowed.

Behind me, I heard snickering. It was clear that Miles woke up.

“Almighty? You guys call me Almighty?” he said arrogantly.

“Well, my real name is James, but I prefer Almighty.” He replied.

Too bad I was looking forward to God punishing him.

“Alex, go show Miles around. I have prayers to answer.”

So, in the end, Miles ended up staying here. I taught him how to fly. I will NEVER forget the look on his face when I pushed him off the cliff. I guess you could say Earth was safe because of me. Maybe a little Miles, but mostly ME! That’s my story, what’s yours?