Loading color scheme

The Fox And The Slug
By Sriram Grade 4C

About the Author:
My name is Sriram and I’m studying in Grade 4C of Manthan School, Tellapur. I love reading stories, especially those of Harry Potter. My hobby is playing baseball. I aspire to become a good children’s author or a proficient baseball player.

Once upon a time in a forest, there lived a fox and a slug. The fox always lost in running. He wanted to win at least once. So he thought that he will challenge the slug, as that would make him feel better. He went to the slug and questioned, “Hey, do you want to race with me?”

The slug consented to have a race with him.

“Come on”, said the fox.

There was a big plain in the forest. The fox thought they could race there. They went to the venue and the race commenced. The fox was in the lead and also far away from the slug. So he thought he would just take a little nap, as he was tired.

After some time, he woke up and yawned and saw that the slug was about to win the race. So he got up  and with a lot of confidence he ran as fast as he could. He went right past the slug and crossed the finish line.
Then he realized that without that much confidence he would have never won the race.

Moral: Never lose confidence