Loading color scheme

The Power of Kindness
by Anoushka

Author Details: My name is Anoushka and I’m studying in grade 4C of Manthan School, Tellapur. I love reading books and writing stories. I aspire to become a good author when I grow up.

There once was a beautiful seaside with pigeons flying onto the sand. Under the sea, there were three fish living in a small hole under the gold-coloured sea bed.  

The names of the three fish were, Juno, Neptune, and Mercury. Mercury was an ill-mannered pig. He also used to boss and shout at the other fish. Juno and Neptune were sick of Mercury’s behavior.

One day, Juno was sitting on her chair and thinking hard; she suddenly came up with a plan and shouted, “Neptune, I have an idea. Come here quickly!” He came up to her and she said, “My idea is that we be kind to him, he would be kind to us too!” Neptune thought it was a great idea. He agreed.

A few hours later, Mercury went down to the sea to swim. It happened that a fisherman was fishing there. He put a bait on his string, and lowered the fishing line. Mercury was passing by and smelt the bait. He was just about to get caught when Juno and Neptune caught him by the tail and hauled him home. That time, Mercury was dumb-struck. He realized his mistakes and repented. Juno and Neptune forgave him, and they lived happily ever after!

Moral- Be kind to others so they will be kind to you.