Loading color scheme

Mia’s Dilemma - By Aruna, Grade 4A

Mia was a seven-year old girl who lived in a house near the woods. She was very brave and liked to take up adventures.

One day, when Mia was playing in the garden with her ball, she kicked it so hard that it sprung into the woods. She was terrified. That ball was a present from her parents! Her parents would be cross with her if they knew that she had lost the ball and heartbroken.

Mia knew what she had to do. She bravely went into the forest to find her ball. She started searching for her ball. She was so immersed in searching for it that she forgot her way home. When it was dark, she was cold and hungry, but couldn’t find her way back to home. So, she made a bed with some fallen leaves and slept for the night.

The next day, Mia woke up hoping to find her ball. She wandered on, worried that she would never find her way home. With her shoulders hunched, she went on. Suddenly, something caught her attention from the corner of her eyes. Mia went closer to investigate.

Imagine the surprise when she noticed what it was! “My ball!” squealed Mia. She had never been so happy in her entire life. But when she turned around, she didn’t know where to go. Mia was horrified. But still, she kept her calm and walked on.

Just then, she looked back and saw her footprints. And then, she had a great idea. “If I follow my footprints back, I will reach home,” she said.  So, she started following her footprints back.

When she reached home, it was almost six o’ clock in the evening. Her parents were so happy to see her again. From that day on, Mia decided to tell her parents whatever happened and never to go into the forest again.

The End