Loading color scheme

The Beaming Bird of Dreams - By Aanya Durga Kanigicherla,7E

One day, when the world was still very young, God looked down and saw a magnificent bird. The bird was beautiful and had shimmering feathers. They were bright red and golden in color. They shone like the  Sun himself. The beautiful danced about and caught the attention of God. Allured by its beauty, the God exclaimed, “Glorious bird! You should reside with me in Heaven, and be my messenger.”

The bird heard God summon her so she flew up and above until she reached Heaven. Unlike most, she was unfazed by the mesmerizing beauty and the magical aura of Heaven and God. Heaven was made of the clouds themselves.

Iridescent glitter sparkled all around and it seemed like a whole new world. The bird elegantly walked to God and he made his request, “Would you like to be my messenger? You are perfect for the job and not everyone gets this opportunity.” The bird readily agreed, “Thank you, your Highness. I would be delighted to serve you.” Denisia, as God had named her, now had a purpose and one sole duty.

She was taken to Granda, where she would be transformed. God took a tiny cork bottle and gestured to the bird to take and drink the liquid inside. Once she did, her life changed. She saw the world in a whole new light and there was a visible shimmer that coated her whole body.

God gave her a list of instructions, they were:

She was to travel at night only, she had to visit as many households as possible, she had to pluck a feather from her body to provide a dream to someone (the liquid would numb the pain) and she was to make sure that no one saw her.

She diligently followed all of the instructions. As the years passed, she got weaker and weaker. The shimmer was starting to fade and travelling only got harder. Hearing her hardships, God made a decision to give Denisia a part of his soul. It was an excruciating process but it was worth it as she had stuck by his side all these years. She gratefully accepted the gift and never failed to disappoint.

On one night, God realised. She deserved a gift. She had worked hard all these years but never complained. He couldn’t decide on what to give her. Then, an idea struck. He thought, “What if I gave her a home here? She’s always travelling… She would be very grateful.”

Her reaction was priceless. She was shocked. No one had ever been given a permanent place in Heaven alone, forget about his palace! She readily accepted and proceeded to thank him continuously until her house went hoarse.

They both still live happily in that same palace. Every night Denisia comes to see each and every one of you, delivering dreams to aid your soundless sleep.

~The End~