Loading color scheme

The Boy’s Dilemma - By Moksh Vivek Rane, Grade 4G

There lived a boy in Africa named Chukameka. He lived close by the woods. It had been a long time since he had visited his Grandma, who lived in a far off village.

One day, he decided to pay a visit to his Grandma. It was a long journey but he finally reached the village. The moment he saw his Grandma, he ran off and hugged her. He was so happy on seeing her after a long time. He refreshed himself, ate food and asked, “Grandma, can I please go out and play in the woods?”

“Hmm,” thought Grandma for a while. “Okay, you can go but don’t go too far from the house.” Chukameka further asked, “Can I go alone?” His Grandma said, “Okay, but on one condition: do not stay in the woods for too long.” He said, “Okay, I promise I won’t.”

Chukameka walked from the house and noticed that there were two paths. The one to the left led to the woods while the other on the right led to the village. He threw breadcrumbs along the way so that he wouldn’t get lost.

While returning from the woods, he noticed that the breadcrumbs had been eaten away by someone. He then saw a third path! He sat there crying, waiting for someone to help him.

While he waited, he thought, “There’s a third path here and I don’t know where it leads to.” He then remembered what his Grandma had said. “If I choose the wrong path, I may be in danger.”

Finally, when all hope seemed lost, he saw a trail of smoke coming and wondered what was happening. He followed the trail and after passing through many trees, he saw the village!”

Chukameka was delighted to see the village again and ran to his Grandma. He said, “Grandma, I am back.” The moment she heard it, she was so happy and proud that he had finally found his way out of the woods. Chukameka then left to his home and lived happily thereafter.

The End